Vessel Manager (Offshore)
Position: Vessel Manager (Offshore)
Company: Thome India Pvt. Ltd.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe, cost efficient and environmentally sound operation standard in compliance with Thome Management System (TMS) as well as International Marine regulations for a given number of vessels.
- To manage the daily operation of the number of vessels assigned to him in accordance with TMS.
- Advise Masters / Chief Engineers and Ship Staff on
1. Navigation Operations such as UKC, Supply of Charts & publications etc.
2. Cargo & Tank Cleaning Operations
3. Port Operations
4. Anchoring & Mooring Operations
5. Technical / Engine Room Operations
6. Port, Passage & war information for all Vessels sailing into problematic areas etc.
- Follow up the on board maintenance system (TM master), monitor the status and act on overdue items.
- Evaluate and monitor the required reporting from the vessels, act as required and inform other office sections and external bodies as is relevant.
- Follow up class and statutory certification status, condition of class and arrange for the necessary surveys and inspections (flag state, certification for Panama Canal etc.)
- Liaise with Principals regarding Vessel safe operations.
- Visit vessels regularly (at least three times a year, including a short sailing visit).
- Prepare Bi-annual, Tri-annual or Quarterly management reports, as agreed with each Principal, for the Fleet Group Manager’s approval.
- Assist in coordinating, arranging and timely follow up Oil Major Vetting Inspections as directed.
- Prepare Oil Major Vetting Inspections status reports for principals on a weekly basis or as directed.
- Ensure all vessel information questionnaires, as required by principals, are maintained up to date at all times, including all certification and vetting status updates, as directed.
- Conducts investigation and root cause analysis of incidents, accidents, near miss & STOPER cards.
- Review Corrective Actions, Preventive Actions and Recommendations from investigation and analysis of accidents, marine casualties and near misses.
- Assist, arrange and coordinate table top exercises and emergency drills.
- Assist in coordinating, arranging and timely follow up Flag State Inspection, External & Internal ISM, ISPS and MLC Audits as directed.
- Monthly Safety meeting review.
- Assisting Vessels for documenting/conducting Risk Assessments. Evaluation and Monitoring.
- Maintain strict cost control of the Annual Operating Budget for each of the assigned vessels.
- Review monthly cost control and approve monthly financial reports before sending to Fleet Group Manager for review.
- Assimilate input from the assigned vessels as well as other relevant departments and prepare each vessel’s Annual Operating Budget.
- Monitor the requisitions generated from the vessel to ensure that they are submitted in a timely manner. Follow up with the Purchasing Department for delivery of ordered items on board.
- Liaise with the Insurance Manager (or Principals) in H&M claims handling. Provide technical input, if required, for P&I Claims (cargo and crew).
- Make performance evaluations of Masters and Chief Engineers assigned to the vessel under supervision.
- Plan, manage, monitor and execute vessels repairs, dry dockings and conversions within agreed budgets.
- Coordinate with the assigned vessels and prepare the dry docking specification for the Fleet Group Manager’s review. Submit the specification to yards for quotations, evaluate the received quotations and present them to the Fleet Group Manager.
- Attend the dry-docking, discuss shipyard invoicing before presenting same to the Fleet Group Manager and / or Chief Operating Officer for approval.
Education and Qualification
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency
- Class 2 Certificate of Competency and University Qualification
- Previous experience as Chief Engineer/ Master for a minimum of 8 months on relevant type of ships.
- Must have experience managing DSV / MPSV / Offshore construction vessels
- A proven track record as Superintendent for a minimum of 1 year in a shore based Shipping Company will have an advantage.
- Candidate who are deemed technically competent and without shore experience will be considered.
For applicants, you may send your resume to email@example.com